We want our children to have a healthy breakfast before the start of the day. The benefits of breakfast for children include:
- improved health and nutrition
- improved attendance and punctuality
- better able to socialise and make friends
- better relations with school staff
- better able to concentrate and improved academic performance
Together with our out-of-school club, our breakfast club represents a great wraparound care offer to parents.
Breakfast club opens every day from 8.00am and is currently free to all children, providing a selection of healthy hot and cold food options.
From September 2019, and following consultation with parents, our breakfast club will cost £2.50 per session. It will continue to be free to families who are eligible for free school meals.