Together, We Learn and Grow in God's Love.
Class teacher: Ms A Campbell
Teaching assistant: Mrs N. Watson-Brown
Here you can find documents which may be useful for this weeks learning. W/C 06.07.20
Miss Campbell's Life.
I have had a very, very busy week as I moved house this week, which is exciting. I am looking forwards to sorting everything out over the half term week and making the new house look pretty.
Our Class Dojo Winners for the week ending 16.10.20 were Rio for the boys and Elina for the girls- I am very proud of all of you this week!
Our Year 1 Special Mention from 16.10.20 was Amari Semme. Amari has show a great attitude in PE this half term, supporting and encouraging his friends and showing real sportsmanship- fantastic Amari!
This week, I would like everyone to focus on reading. reading is so important and such a lot of fun. Share books with your adults, search for ebooks online, read books alone or with siblings or to a pet. I would love it if you could send pictures to the office of you reading- this could be in a favourite place, or possibly in an unusual place! I can then share these on this page or on our Class Story on Class Dojo.
This is where we can share some of the fantastic learning that we are doing at home with our teachers and our friends. We can use this area to get ideas and inspiration from our classmates. Mrs Watson-Brown and I love seeing all the things that you are doing at home, while we cannot be in school.
Bentley has worked really hard to create a den and he tell us what it is made from, and how he can use it. He also shares his ideas about his favourite superhero!
An excellent website for playing phonics games. The children are familiar with using this website.
All games are free using the following login details:
This is a new resource for Year 1 to use.
Eedi is a fantastic website which enables the children to engage with activities which mirror the current content of the Y1 curriculum.
Times Table Rockstars
This website allows the children to practise their times tables in a variety of ways.
Night Zookeeper is a new website for Year 1. it will enable them to practice their writing, grammar, punctuation and
Teach Your Monster to Read
A great website to practise reading and phnics skills.
White Rose Maths
This is the maths scheme we follow in school. Go to the Home Learning Section and look on the suggested timetable that we sent out for this week's recommended lessons.
Reading: Please read with your grown-ups or big brothers and sisters for at least 10 minutes every day. Being able to read well is so important Year 1 and will make your learning so much easier as your get older.
Science: In science this half term we are looking at animals, including humans. We will be exploring the 5 senses: taste, touch, sight, hearing, and smell. Go around your house and investigate using your 5 senses- some examples of things you could choose to investigate could be: a piece of fruit, herbs or spices, dry pasta, autumn leaves, paper or building blocks. How to they look? Feel? Sound? Smell? Taste? (Do not taste anything that is not supposed to be eaten!) You could take photos of your investigations and write a list of words to describe each item, using your senses.
PE: Join in with Joe Wicks' morning PE lessons online every morning for a good workout! Or, join in with Oti Mabusi's daily dance session, which can also be accessed online. Cosmic Kids Yoga is another fantasic way to get some exercise. If you like, you could make a video of your exercise routine and share it here.
Use lego or building blocks- what can you build?
Dress up as someone you would like to be- a witch, a king, a penguin- it's up to you and role-play being that character. What are they like? How do they talk? What things do they say and do?
Draw, paint, or colour in pictures.
With a grown-up, or big brother or sister, help to make a meal that you love.
Learn to do something new- some ideas could be: to skip with a rope, ride a bike, count to 10 in another language, to sing a new song, to cut out paper dolls.
Weekly Challenge: Spelling challenge- with a grown up, choose 5-10 words from the list of Common Exception words (located in the documents section at the top of this page). Learn to spell your chosen words- you could write them in different colours, say them aloud to your grown ups and older siblings, write them in chalk outside, use magnestic letters and spell them out on the fridge, or think of creative ways of your own to practice!
Board Games: Board games are a fantastic way to improve memory, and practice skills including maths, turn taking, and language. Some suggestions:
Snakes and Ladders.
Spillikins (Pick Up Sticks)
This week, we have been exploring poetry. I would like you all to choose 1 or more words from the list below. Write your chosen word down and then write as many words as you can find that rhyme with your chosen word. (Rhyming words are words which sound the same.) Here is a list of words that you could find rhymes for: cat, dog, tree, cook, rain, night.
Here is an example to help you:
Please login using the details the office has sent you and complete the work I have set.
Here are two lists of spellings to learn- one for my phonics group and one for Mrs Watson Brown's. (Your child should know which phonics group they are in- if not, please message me and ask). Please encourage your child to practice saying the words aloud, reading the words, writing the words, and spelling them aloud.
List 1. List 2.
(Miss Campbell's Group) (Mrs Watson-Brown's Group)
1. part 1. men
2. card 2. pen
3. fork 3. dad
4. corn 4. mad
5. curl 5. cap
3. burn 6. sock
Maths is all round us. We are looking at Systematic Number Bonds. You could use building blocks, toys, fruit, vegetables or anything else you can think of. How many do you have? How many ways can you find to add them together?
For example, I have 6 apples. I could do:
Write your number sentences down, take pictures of you showing your addition practically or make a short video explaining your thinking and reasoning.
Eedi, Mathletics, Times Tables Rockstars, Numbots: Please login and complete the work I have set.
Please add a message- it can be about your home learning or just to say hello. I miss you all very much and it would be wonderful to hear from you and learn how you are getting on!
- 18-06-2020 - Goshen Dear Miss Campbell, thank you for being the best teacher I have ever met.
- 04-05-2020 - Miss CampbellHi Goshen, I hope you and your family are well. I am missing you too, and all of our lovely Year 1 class.
- 04-05-2020 - Goshen Dear mrs Campbell i am missing you and all my class mate.
- 29-04-2020 - Mr Masley Wow year 1 ! What an amazing class you are with all these learning activities going on. It is great to see so many of you working so hard and enjoying it at the same time. Keep it up !
- 21-04-2020 - amberHi Mrs Campbell tank you for being the best staffever💖 🎸😁👋😻
- 17-04-2020 - Miss CampbellHi Amaan, I am very well thank you, and very glad to hear that you are too. I have also been enjoying the warm weather, reading in the garden with a glass of ice cold fizzy pop!
- 17-04-2020 - Miss CampbellHi Leighton, thank you for your message- I will speak to the office regarding Leighton's passwords for TT Rockstars and Night Zookeeper on Monday. Thank you for your pictures, I love seeing what you are doing at home. I hope you have had a lovely Easter.
- 15-04-2020 - Amaan Hussain Morning Miss Campbell how are you? We are good thank you enjoying the warm weather :)
- 08-04-2020 - LeightonHi Ms Campbell, hope u and your family are safe and well. Leightons passwords are not working for the rockstars and zoo app, he's only been able to use the mathletics, he strangely prefers maths to English so it's suits him to a tee lol. How do we send pictures of our daily activities such as den building and cooking /baking? Is that by email to school office?. Xxx
- 06-04-2020 - Miss CampbellHello Harrison, I'm so glad to hear that you and your family are all safe. I am very well thank you and also miss being in school! You are doing an amazing job with all the online learning- I am really proud of you!
- 03-04-2020 - Harrison Kennedy Morning Miss Campbell hope you and your family are safe and as me and my family are. I like doing the home learning, but I miss being in school.
- 02-04-2020 - Miss CampbellLovely to hear from you Bentley. Please ask your parents to help you email a photo of your work to the school office and we will see if we can publish it on our class page for everyone to enjoy.
- 01-04-2020 - Bentley Kozlowski-LloydHow do we send pictures and videos thanks