We are delighted that you are considering Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School for your child. Whether your child is starting primary school for the first time in September, or moving from another school in-year, this page will tell you all you need to know about the admissions process.
The admissions process is managed by Leeds City Council Admissions Team. General admissions information about our school is available here:
The Governing Body of Sacred Heart is the admitting authority and requires you to complete a Supplementary Information Form (SIF) for your child in line with our Admissions Policy. You will find the SIF, and any other form we ask you to complete, here:
Children joining in Reception
If you are applying for a place in Reception in September, follow the steps here:
The Admissions Team have produced a YouTube video explaining the key application steps to help you make the best application for your child:
The key dates for the admission round are as follows:
- End October - you will receive a letter from the Council inviting you to apply for a primary school place for your child
- 1 November - you can apply from this date
- 15 January - deadline to apply
- Mid-April - National Offer Day. You will receive your offer from Leeds. If it is for a place at Sacred Heart, we will also write to you on the same day, inviting you to accept the offer.
We know that starting school can be nerve-racking and that you will have many questions. So here is our commitment to you:
- Following your acceptance, we will begin planning immediately for your child's start to school life.
- We will work closely with pre-school settings and plan a number of visits for your child to school before their first day.
- We will adjust plans accordingly in light of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, ensuring the safety of you, our children and our staff.
- We will keep you informed of plans along the way and look forward to welcoming you to our school.
If you are moving into Leeds or want to change schools in Leeds in-year, you should apply online by following the steps here:
Your application will be shared with us, and we will get in touch with you.
It is always worth contacting us first to see if we have a place available in your child's year group. If we have a place available we should be able to admit your child as soon as possible. If we do not have a place available, we will put you on our waiting list but you should also contact Leeds Admissions Team for help in securing a place at another local school.
Here is the process in full:
- Contact the school office to see if we have a place available
- Apply online
- We will then invite you in to visit senior leaders, have a tour of the school, and confirm this is the right place for your child.
- If you are happy, we will be able to admit your child as soon as possible.
- You should now complete a New Pupil Form so we have all the essential information to support your child's education and stay in touch with you.
If you do not get the place you wanted for your child at Sacred Heart, you can appeal to an independent panel via Leeds City Council. The appeal process is described here:
The appeals timetable can be downloaded below.